Dr. Perricone’s site has released a new recipe called Kale Salad with Blueberry, Goji and Avocado. It serves four and offers numerous health benefits plus an earthy deliciousness!
- 2 small bunches of washed kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries (you can soak them if they’re very hard or dry)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked overnight, drained
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- Sea Salt
- White Pepper
- Remove stems and center ribs from kale. Stack leaves and thinly slice crosswise into ribbons.
- Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle lightly with sea salt and white pepper. Using hands, massage oil and salt into kale leaves. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add Goji berries, pumpkin seeds and blueberries to salad, and toss to mix.
- Divide between individual plates, top with avocado, and serve.