Blueberry Cardamom Chia Pudding is a sweet treat from Daily Perricone, who got it from Food 52. It’s actually based on the ancient recipes of the Aztecs and the Mayans. The dish is full of chia seeds, an amazing source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds provided a tremendous amount of fuel for the Aztecs and Mayans during arduous conquests.
This makes an excellent breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Blueberry Cardamom Chia Pudding
- 1/2 cup Chia seeds
- 2 1/2 cups Coconut or Almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend Coconut milk, blueberries, cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla and syrup together in a blender on high till smooth.
- Pour the blueberry mixture over the chia seeds. Stir thoroughly. Let rest for 5 minutes, and re-stir. After 10 more minutes, stir again.
- Refrigerate and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, give it a stir and check texture. If it’s too thick, simply add more coconut or almond milk; the texture should be like tapioca pudding.