October is National Dental Hygiene Month, just in time for Halloween!
Talk about timing.
Well, no matter if it’s National Dental Hygiene Month or not, you always want to keep your mouth in tip-top beam mode. There’s no use in dieting, working-out, and paying attention to beauty trends if your mouth looks yucky.
To keep your smile bright, follow these tips:
- Floss before brushing to loosen debris that can then be gotten rid of with your toothbrush.
- Brush softly at least twice a day for at least two minutes. Do not brush hard; you will injure your gums and teeth.
- Brush your cheeks and tongue to cut down on bad breath and maintain cleanliness.
- Visit your dentist regularly, who can reach the spots that even the most effective home routines will not reach.
- Speak to your dentist about a whitening system that might work for you if you are suffering from discoloration. Do not attempt whitening until you consult your dentist about the best, safest options for your mouth.
- Don’t chew ice. It causes cracks and fractures.
- Don’t sip sodas. Drink them with a straw positioned toward the back of your mouth, and rinse afterward to prevent enamel erosion.