|Medication:||Zithromax (Azithromycin)||Zithromax (Azithromycin)|
|Dosage:||1000 mg, 500 mg, 250 mg||500 mg, 250 mg, 100 mg|
|Zithromax (Azithromycin) Price:||from $1.00 per pill||from $0.86 per pill|
|How to Get||Start from CanadaPharmacyMed||Start from CanadianMed|
Most people have taken Zithromax without realizing it as it is a very common antibiotic that helps fight bacterial infections. Most people have taken this when they have had a sinus infection or an ear infection. Sexually transmitted diseases can also be treated with Zithromax. This antibiotic although prescribed widely should still be taken as directed and side effects are to be noticed if they do occur.
One aspect to remember about all medications is to use them as directly so they can work as intended. Taking herbal supplements and holistic medicines should be disclosed to your doctor. You do not want a reaction due to these being taken at once making your condition worse than the one you were prescribed medication for.
- Zithromax Z-Pak
- Zithromax TRI-PAK
Issues That Could Impact You Taking Zithromax
Preexisting health conditions will impact the decision of your doctor to prescribe Zithromax. Below are a few of the many conditions that you need to talk about with your doctor before taking this antibiotic:
- People that have a history of liver problems need to be careful. Do not drink on this antibiotic for any reason as it could lead to permanent damage to the liver.
- A viral infection is not going to be treated by an antibiotic so there is a chance you do not have an infection caused by bacteria.
- Allergies to other antibiotics could indicate an issue if you start taking Zithromax.
- Please tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are hoping to become pregnant. Although this medication has not been shown to impact an unborn baby, you need to be honest with your doctor to the best of your ability.
- Kidney disease can impact the body’s ability to function properly when taking this medication.
- Age is not a big issue as children over 6 months old can take this medication at the right dosages safely.
Duration You Should Take Zithromax
Most people have been given a 4-day Z Pack to knock out a sinus infection or deal with a respiratory infection. The most important fact is to finish out your prescription even if you are feeling much better. An infection might be fought but not completely flushed out of the body if you do not finish your medication. The length of your prescription will vary depending on the location and severity of your infection.
Remember the common cold and the flu will not be treated with this medication as they are viral infections. A doctor might prescribe an antibiotic and antiviral medication in order to cover all of their bases. Missing a dose does happen but it is important not to take a double dose to make up for what you have missed.
Overdosing on Zithromax
Overdosing on Zithromax is quite rare for a majority of people that it is prescribed to. You need to call the poison control hotline as there is a chance you will need your stomach pumped to avoid liver damage. There is no recreational value of the medication so it will not get a person taking it high or impaired at all.
There could be liver damage that is preexisting so allow a doctor to know if you have had issues with drugs or alcohol in the past. This will also allow them to modify other medications that might be tough on the liver. Being as honest with a doctor as possible w3ill allow them to deliver the highest standard of care possible.
Side Effects of Zithromax
There are certain impacts of Zithromax that are unusual like that of the potential to be sunburned easily. Diarrhea can be common but this is rarely due to the medication but rather another infection forming. Contact your doctor immediately if you have this or any of the following symptoms:
- Upset stomach or vomiting. Make sure that if you have a sensitive stomach to try taking the medication with food.
- Hives and swelling of the face/throat indicate a severe reaction.
- Skin reactions like a sore throat or a rash forming means you should seek medical attention.
- Flu-like symptoms can be difficult to notice but can be a side effect. You might already feel under the weather so if you feel like things are worsening, contact your doctor.
- If you find that your heart rate seems to skyrocket after taking the medication, stop immediately.
- Liver issues can be caused so watching out for darker urine and loss of appetite is imperative.
The last thing that you want is permanent damage to be done so seeking medical attention immediately will help mitigate the problem.
Zithromax is going to continue to be a staple in the medical community due to its extensive uses for combatting bacteria. The world of medication is vast and changing all of the time. Zithromax has worked and will continue to work for patients around the world.